"A scholar who loves comfort is not fit to be called a scholar." ~Confucius, Analects

Sunday, July 11, 2010

The Windy Road...

Okay, here are where things get tricky. Nets for Students, Nets for Teachers, along with NYS standards for ELA, and the Core Curriculum? This seems like a daunting feat! Maybe we could get on the same page here. How nice would it be if national standards were developed for this country that included Technology. How many separate standards can we identify without losing our minds? There are so many aspects of a teacher's job. We do so many things in a day. We teach, plan, meet, collaborate, defend our teaching, mediate with students and parents, mediate with teachers, create, participate, organize, assess, and looming over our heads is the pressure to follow curriculum and meet standards. I haven't even mentioned state assessments until now. How can we be expected to reach all of these goals in our 39min segments of teaching. Yes, I agree that technology needs to be integrated and implemented in our classrooms. I guess my grievances would be with the state and government. Okay, I can't get into that too much either right now because the focus of this blog is Educational Technology Standards for Students. I am ready to try my best to meet these standards. I think that more professional development in the schools need to be established in order to achieve these standards. I also think that the state should combine all standards for teaching and learning. There shouldn't be different categories of standards. If we all want the same outcome for our students, then standards need to be streamlined to achieve this. The challenges in working with youth is difficult enough, let's make the road less difficult to travel.

No comments:

Post a Comment