"A scholar who loves comfort is not fit to be called a scholar." ~Confucius, Analects

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

The New & Improved Kuri's Class

Okay, I just finished setting up my website to begin some serious construction. The reason why it took me so long is because I was overwhelmed by the options. I also wanted to create something authentic that I could use next year to serve my students. I knew I had to create something that showcased the best of this class, but in a way that would make sense to me. Last year, I used a website under TeacherWeb. I was never crazy about it, but I liked the options to blog and send out text mail to students and parents. Teacher web served me well last year, but now that my eyes are open and the smog has cleared, I need a site that is more advanced. I then created a website with Googlesites, and found it very challenging to edit. I also opened up an account with Ning and I wasn't too happy with my options there. After reaching out to Dr. S, I went with pbworks and feel that this wiki is a great place for me to build my site. Mrs. Kuri's class has finally graduated to a WEB 2.0 site. I think my new website will serve all of my needs as I continue to learn and prepare my students for the future.

1 comment:

  1. Hello,
    It is important that you tried so many different sites before you decided upon the one that you would use for your classroom. Teachers websites are an excellent way for teachers to communicate with students and parents. Too often we continue to see teachers who choose not to create these types of sites. For instance, in the school district that I did my student teaching in, only a handful of teachers have actually created web pages. Your site looks great so far and the comic you added was a great addition! -Kayleigh

    ReplyDelete